
Angels & Demons
Starring: Tom Hanks and Ewan McGregor
I admit, I wasn't excited to see this one. I didn't really like Da Vinci Code so I figured I wouldn't like this one either. Luckily, I actually really liked it. The movie takes place after the incidents in Code, but it isn't really a sequel. I don't think you'd have to see the first to enjoy the second. I enjoyed the plot and all the suspense. There were a lot of twists along the way and I was entertained throughout. It is a little gory in parts, but other than that it was a pretty clean movie. Definately worth seeing, and the soundtrack is amazing!

Starring: Chris Pine and Zachary Quinto
Wow! Simply amazing. I wasn't a huge Star Trek fan growing up. I remember watching the TV show and movies with my Pop and by brother Rob. So, for me it was a lot of fun to watch how Spock and Kirk got their begining. I think even if you aren't a Star Trek fan you will like this movie. It made me want to go back and watch some of the old movies, and then go see it again.
X-Men Origins: Wolverine
Starring: Hugh Jackman and Liev Schreiber
This came out over my birthday. We were celebrating it on a Saturday and the whole day we had been planning on seeing Ghosts of Girlfriends Past, but somehow Tyler ended up talking me into seeing Wolverine instead. It was fantastic! I really enjoyed this new X-Men movie. It was fun to see how Wolverine became Wolverine. It was a great story and definately recommend it.
State of Play
Starring: Russell Crowe, Rachel McAdams and Ben Affleck
I really enjoyed this one. It had plenty of action, suspense and a few plot twists. Russell Crowe is of course amazing, is there a movie he isn't fantastic in? Russel is portrayed as an "old-fashioned" reporter, where Rachel is the hip new "blogger". The two have to work together, on seperate stories that end up having a lot to do with each investigation. I'm not a huge Ben Affleck fan, but he was pretty good in this one.
Duplicity
Staring: Julia Roberts and Clive Owen
I wasn't all that impressed with this movie. I thought the idea and plot sounded fun, and I did laugh a few times throughout the movie. However, they were constantly jumping back in time, in random order which became kind of distracting. I think if they had just followed their story from the begining, instead of all the jumping around, it would have been a much better movie.
UPCOMING MOVIES
Terminator Salvation, Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian, Land of the Lost, The Proposal, Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, Public Enemies, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, Funny People, G.I. Joe:Rise of the Cobra, Julie and Julia, The Ugly Truth, and My Life in Ruins.
1 comment:
Night in the Museum was good! We took our family to see it last week and enjoyed it very much. Ghosts of girlfriends past was cute too--rocky beginning, but a good movie.
Post a Comment