Sunday, August 17, 2008

Bookworm Nation

Some of you might have noticed the icon on the right of my page (Bookworm Nation), I thought I would finally write a post to fill you in on what this is.

As many of you know, I love to read! If I have the time, I will often read at least one book a day. Sometimes life gets busy and I’m unable to read as much as I would like, but I do try to squeeze in some reading every day. Looking back, I remember loving going to school when there was a planned read-a-thon that day, it was always my favorite thing to bring a blanket, snacks and a pile of books to school. I loved just being able to read all through school, it was the best. This, among other reasons, is why I like to refer to myself as a bookworm. Having a love of books, and also making lists has lead me to join the website GoodReads. It’s a great site where you can keep track of all the books you have read, are reading or want to read. It is also a great place where you can see what you’re friends are reading and discuss books together. I’ve gotten a lot of great recommendations from friends, and I love looking through their lists to find something great to read. My friend Jessica comes to mind. She also has a great love of reading, and her and I have very similar tastes. We decided it could be fun to start our own book review blog (www.bookwormnation.blogspot.com) to let others know about the books we are reading. So I invite you all to take a look and feel free to leave comments, especially if you have read the books listed, I love to hear what people think of the books they read, or to suggest ones they think I might like. I’m not a great writer, so forgive any mistakes in the reviews that I make, and at the end of the day it’s just my humble opinion.

Happy Reading!

1 comment:

Jill said...

I wish I had the time to read that much. I love to read too, escpecially if its a good book. It's just so stikin hard to find time. GRRR So I am going to faithfully read your book reviews, so then if there's anything good I can go pick it up at the library.