Wednesday, August 27, 2008

"And They're Off..."

We live really close to the Del Mar horse track, so we decided on Monday that we would check them out. I remember going to the Wyoming Downs when I was in Middle or High School, it was so much fun so I was really looking forward to going. It was Tyler's first time at the races, and he loved it too. For the first two races we just picked who we thought would win (my horse came in 4th on the first race, and 2nd in the second race). For the third race we decided to place a small bet ($5, all or nothing) on #8, which was named To The Penny. As you can see from the picture below, he is a beautiful horse. His jockey had won the last race, so my thinking was that he would be in a good mood and want to win again...boy was I wrong! He didn't come in very last, but not even close to being first. I honestly don't know what he ended up placing. It was a lot of fun though, and hopefully we'll be able to go again. The horses are so amazing and so fast! I love them.


Before each race you can check out the horses. They parade them around so you can get a good look and I guess make a more educated choice, other than you like their name (which is how I usually chose them).

We were only able to stay for three races. On the way to the game Tyler's friend Resh called with an extra ticket to the Monday night Charges game, of course he had to go. =)

1 comment:

Jaime & John said...

We went to the races once last year. It is funny, one of my client's his horse raced on Monday. I guess it took 5th which he wasn't that happy about. Now that Chargers season is here we'll have to all get together to watch a game.