Sunday, August 24, 2008

Delta Graduation

This past week my Mom was in San Diego for a visit. I am always so happy to have her come out, we always have so many fun things planned but most importantly we just like to hang out and talk. This past week I happened to be sick for most of the time, it was nice having my Mom here to take care of me or to help me get to the doctors. Sometimes I forget how nice it is to have your Mom around when you aren't feeling well. I felt bad that it put a damper on her trip, but she promises she still had fun. Because I wasn't feeling well we didn't get to do a lot of the things we had planned.
One of the neat things she was able to see was Tyler's Delta Company graduation on Friday. At the end of a very long 13 weeks the recruits finally finish boot camp and they have an amazing graduation ceremony. Since Ty will be going back to the legal office in a couple weeks this was the last graduation we will participate in. He always does an amazing job, and I love watching him perform some of his military duties. The LDS church has a small branch on base for the recruits to attend. At the end of every cycle they have a brunch for the families. We were finally able to attend one, and it was really nice. They asked Tyler to help cut the cake (with a Marine Saber) and also say a few words. Ty would kill me if I put the video on of him speaking, so I will just tell you he did a great job. He is such a wonderful, motivational speaker. The recruits are lucky to have him as a Series Commander, and I'm sure he'll be missed. Anyway, below are just a few pictures of the graduation and the one and only picture of my Mom and I from her trip out here.

Delt Company Graduation, August 22 2008
Tall Ships Festival, San Diego CA

1 comment:

Jill said...

Ahhh Kath you look so cute with your hair short. Poor Ty, he has to use that law degree he went to years and years of school to get. Give him our condolences. :)