Monday, August 11, 2008

Summer Days

My brother Mark and his family came for a visit this weekend. It was so fun having Mark, Nicole, Trevor and Brooke here, and seeing Charlie and Trevor bond. They had so much fun together, I'm so mad I didn't get a picture of them together! Trevor last night kept whispering to Charlie "You're my best pal!". It was so cute. They arrived Saturday afternoon and we headed right to the beach. We decided to give Coronado Beach a try, hoping that it would be a little less crowded...yeah right, any beach you go to on a Saturday is going to be crowded.
Today we went to Sea World. Although I've probably been 7-8 times since I've moved to San Diego, I still love it. It is even funner when you have little kids with you, they get so excited to see all the animals. I love this picture of Trevor, even though he could see through the glass it just wasn't good enough, so he pulled himself higher so he could get a better view. Brooklynn is such a doll, she loves smiling for the camera!
They finally opened the Sesame Street Playground. It is an amazing place for little kids, and they have three fun rides as well. They are well worth the wait and the kids loved them. The first one we went on was a "tea-cup" ride, Trevor had a lot of fun turning the wheel to make us go fast. We were able to see almost every show, the kids really loved the one with all the puppies. It made me realize I need to step up Charlie's training, his tricks aren't near as impressive.

I love Shamu! These animals are just amazing, I love this picture of Shamu jumping out of the water and squiring water from his mouth. I love watching everyone do the "Sham-Slam" and the reaction of people as they are getting soaked. It's just a good time! What a wonderful weekend! Thanks for visiting, and it was worth the sunburn I got at Sea World to see you all again!

1 comment:

Mr & Mrs Hilton said...

I have not been to Sea World in years I want to go see Shamu! Looks like a lot of fun, your nephew and neice are adorable. I also really like your new header it is really pretty.