Thursday, August 21, 2008

"I Hope They Call Me On A Mission"

My parents have been called to serve a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints! I am so excited for them, they have talked about serving a mission for years and now the time is finally right. I feel bad that my Mom was out here in Cali with me when they received their call, I'm sure she and my Pop probably wanted to be together to open it; but I'm glad she was with me when she found out that they were going to....Raleigh North Carolina! Even more exciting is that they are leaving September 15th! I still can't believe in three weeks my parents will be missionaries. I know they will do an amazing job and will really bless the lives of everyone they meet in North Carolina. I know I am so excited for my trips out to see them. Hopefully I will be able to come to Utah to help them prepare. Below are some fun pictures of North Carolina.
A photo of what NC looks like from space...
The Raleigh North Carolina Temple...
And of course, the home state of Michael Jordan...
There are so many amazing things to see in NC, I know on their P-days they will really take advantage and see everything they can.
Mom and Pop, I am so proud of you and so excited also. You've been the most amazing parents and you're going to be amazing missionaries. I'm excited to share you with all the wonderful people of NC. I love you!

3 comments:

Cassie said...

Wow! Congratulations, that is so exciting! If we end up stationed in NC, we'll adopt them. Plus we can go shopping when you come visit. ;)

Jess and Brandon said...

That is so exciting! What an awesome experience. They are a great example!

Kim said...

Congrats! Let them know the Karrens are excited for them! :)