Okay, so by now you know that my friend Jessica and I have a little book review blog (Bookworm Nation). I obviously have a weird addiction to reading and it’s become a fun hobby to write reviews when I finish a book. Yesterday I was thinking about stopping, who reads it anyway? So, I was pleasantly surprised when I got home from class last night and found I had a comment on a review of “Nine Coaches Waiting”. As I clicked on the comment I was surprised to see if came from Nancy Campbell Allen, one of my favorite LDS authors. I re-read her name a couple times before it sunk in that she had actually read my blog and also left a comment. After reading her comment I did a little searching and found that she also has a blog, and come to find out she has listed Bookworm Nation as a review blog that she follows! Wow, pretty flattering.
If you haven’t read or heard of Nancy Campbell Allen she is a great author. She has published nine books so far (I own all of them), and has started a new series. I look forward to reading everything she comes out with and would totally recommend her books to anyone. Below is a list of her books.
Faith of our Fathers: This series takes place during the civil war. It really was a fun way to learn about the civil war and I fell in love with the characters. I read this series when I was first married living in North Dakota. I still remember curling up with a cozy blanket, while it was -40 outside. I plan on re-reading this series soon; it has been way to long. A House Divided, To Make Men Free, Through the Perilous Fight, One Nation Under God
Love Beyond Time: This was a fun series. Each book kind of follows different characters that you meet throughout the series. They are all kind of time travel books; they are part mystery part romance. I also read these awhile ago and should probably re-read them as well. Love Beyond Time, No Time for Love, A Time for the Heart, Echoes
Isabelle Webb: This is her newest series. I still remember visiting my parents in North Carolina and seeing Legend of the Jewel in a local bookstore. I didn’t know Allen had written another book and had to buy it immediately. Isabelle Webb is actually a character out of the Faith of our Fathers series. This takes place after the civil war, but instead of America it takes place in India. I really enjoyed reading about India and learned a lot about their culture that I didn’t know. It is also mystery, romance and a lot of fun.
Legend of the Jewel

5 comments:
Wow, that's pretty cool that she follows your blog! I've read her Love Beyond Time series and really liked them. She's a good author and that's awesome that she commented to you!
While I don't read it everyday, I do read your book reviews. It is a good source for finding books that I may not have thought of myself. You should keep it up definitely. Not enough people read these days. I'm glad you do.
Wow- that is impressive! I was impressed long ago, but it's pretty cool to think your blog is being read by so many! I love to read- and it's so nice to know which books/movies (yeah, I enjoy your movie reviews too) are good. Keep up the good work!!!! :)
Kath, I always check your blog when I'm looking for a good book to read. I like getting referrals before I go check out books from the library. In fact, I just got Inkheart to read on our trip after I read your review of it. Keep doing the blog! I love it!
That is such a great story. You are amazing.
Post a Comment