I just watched last nights episode of Jon and Kate plus Eight. I probably shouldn't even write anything, after all it is their personal lives and I really don't know what has been going on behind the scenes. However, I was so annoyed with the whole show. The word that kept coming to mind over and over was PATHETIC! If I had a dime for every time they said "our kids" I would be a rich women. I think its sad that they 1) are using their kids as an excuse and 2) think divorce is ever the best thing for kids. All they are really showing their kids is that when times get tough you quit. Jon said its been a "rough 7-8 months", you mean you're going to through away ten years of marriage because the past few months have been rough? Again, pathetic.Both Jon and Kate sounded extremely selfish last night. Kate has been overbearing, controlling, belittling, mean and its no wonder Jon has been so miserable. Yet, she still doesn't understand why Jon won't take it any more? Again, I don't know what goes on behind the scenes, but it sure seems like Kate has changed A LOT over the years. It really does seem like she loves all the attention and of course all the ridiculous freebies they enjoy. She is more worried about keeping the show going then saving the marriage. I remember an episode last season where Jon said he wanted to stop but she still was enjoying it so of course, she wins and the marriage loses.
As for Jon, this is what you get when you're spineless and don't stick up for yourself. Grow up, remove the earrings and be a man! I hope the rumors of infidelity are untrue, if he has cheated then I'd be a lot more sympathetic for Kate. If they are just rumors then its really a shame that they haven't even tried counseling. They've done nothing to try and fight for their marriage, just throwing away all those years together.
I really don't think I will watch the show anymore, its crazy that TLC would even consider airing more episodes when the family has fallen apart. I guess it comes down to money, TLC makes a lot of money off the show and money is worth more than saving a family.
2 comments:
That's all exactly how I felt. I've decided not to watch the show anymore either. I heard they are going to do a recap of the past 10 years on mon and then they are going to take a hiatus from filming to give the family some space. But I still think it's sad that they do think it's the best for the kids that they divorce. Too bad, I really feel for the kids.
I thought the same thing. . .I also kept thinking about how often they said it's for the kids--everything is for the kids. If they have our beliefs they would know just how important our marriage is. You have to work on your marriage or it will fall apart! They are the prime example of that. The kids were the priority--not the marriage. So sad.
Post a Comment