Friday, October 24, 2008

The Secret Life of Bees

I went with some friends to see The Secret Life Of Bees last night, it was so good! I read the book a long time ago, when it first came out. I always remembered really liking the book, its a sweet story and well written. Recently our book club re-read the book and it brought back all the memories from when I first read it. Anyway, I was excited to see the movie, even though it seems like most times the book always tends to be better than the movie. Its really hard to say on this one. I thought the movie was very well done, the casting was perfect and the acting and sets, everything was great. When I first read the book I always thought Dakota Fanning would be perfect for the role, and she was. The movie really shows a different side to her dad. There is no excuse for how he treated her, but I think deep down he really did love her and was just messed up himself. Even though Ty said he wouldn't go with me to the movie I actually think it is a movie he would like. So, I would recommend it to everyone, its very touching and endearing.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

i can't wait to see that movie! i am so glad that it's good!

Lindsey Jefferies said...

Hey Kath- I went and saw this movie tonightw with my mom and grandma. I told Resh the same thing that I think he would really like it. I would love to see it again...maybe we could drag the boys with us....