My book club will be meeting next week (we'll be discussing Secret Life of Bees and Pride & Prejudice). While there we will also be discussing which books we want to read in 2009. I would love to have some suggestions on which books you've read and loved or ones that you want to read. Please leave a comment with any book ideas that you have. Thanks!

5 comments:
so I loved "these is my words" that is my fave so far this year. I also just asked for some books in my blog. some of my friends offered suggestions there too.
Our book club is reading The Hunger Games, by Suzanne Collins. I haven't finished it yet, but I like it so far. I am finding it hard though, to get into any other book... none of them are like Twilight !!! Perhaps that series has ruined me (as far as reading goes). Anyhow... if you read this book, I would love to hear what you have to say! Hope all is well !!!
are you going for certain types of books or will a book in any category do? let me know and then i'll send ya some titles that i love :)
A Perfect Day by: Richard Paul Evans
War Letters by: Andrew Carroll
Velvet Elvis by: Rob Bell
Eats, Shoots, and Leaves by: Lynne Truss
Blue Like Jazz: Donald Miller
A Raisin in the Sun by: Rosetta James
Flowers in the Attic by: V.C. Andrews (I read this when I was in high school, but remembered liking it a lot)
and i of course recommend any Nicolas Sparks books (and he just came out with a new one called The Lucky One and I've heard it's about a Marine)
hope this helps :)
Loved These is My Words as well. That was actually one of our book club's favorites of the year a couple of years ago. We also loved The Book Thief. Any of the Mitch Albom books are great. Follow the River is another good discussion book. We also read Lois Lowery's The Giver series this year. We read all three books for one month, and we loved it. One I haven't read, but I have had recommended is Friday Night Knitting Club. I've heard it's good and clean.
Post a Comment