Saturday, December 20, 2008

Utah Trip...Day 1

We finally made it home to Utah! We were planning on making the 11-12 hour drive in one day, however the weather had other plans for us. We ended up staying the night in St. George and driving the rest of the way on Saturday. Our first stop was at my brother Rob's so his lovely wife could cut my hair. Anyway, we spent a nice time visiting with them and then met up with my other brother Doug for lunch at one of our favorite places...Crown Burger. I really enjoyed seeeing my brothers and sis-in-law, whenever I am around them I realize how much I miss spending time with them. After lunch Ty and I headed to his parents house, where we will be staying this week. Their dog Porter was SO excited to see Charlie, he could hardly contain himself. We spend a nice afternoon visiting with family and getting settled in.

Tonight we celebrated Grandma Hart's 80th birthday. Donna Mae is an amazing lady, she is Tyler's grandma on his fathers side. She has always been so welcoming and we always enjoy our visits with her. Below are some fun pictures from her celebration dinner. Her kids planned an amazing party for all her family and friends. They had a nice program which included a great movie of Grandma's life. I'm so glad that we made it into town in time for this.

Birthday Girl (DonnaMae) Tyler and Kathy
Brooke, Kathy and Tyler



Happy Birthday Gradma!

2 comments:

Lindsey Jefferies said...

Cute hair Kathy!

Kari said...

Thanks for the post Kathy. Since I am so far away it was nice to see some pictures from the party. Oh how I wish I could have been there. I looks like it was a nice party for Grandma.