Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy Anniversary

Today is our five year anniversary! I can't believe it has only been five years, it seems like we've been together forever. I still remember our wedding day perfectly. I was just talking to my Mom about that morning, how we were so stressed because it was snowing and we were worried that we wouldn't make it to the Temple on time. I remember driving down town and thinking how pretty everything was with the fresh snow on the ground. We actually arrived a little early, and my Mom and I picked a corner to sit in so we could watch for Tyler. I was so happy when I saw him walk in the doors, dressed in his Marine uniform. He looked amazing. We had a beautiful ceremony, it was so nice having our close friends and family there to share in our experience. After the ceremony and a million pictures were taken we had a lovely wedding lunch at the Joseph Smith Building. My only regret is that we didn't record the program that our families put on for us. After the lunch there wasn't much time before we had to get to our reception center. The night is almost a blur as so many people came to our reception. We were so grateful for all the support that we received.

We went on a cruise to Mexico for our honeymoon. It was a blast! Cruises are the best way to spend a honeymoon. You don't have to worry about driving around, hotels or finding places to eat. It gives you plenty of time to be together. Shortly after our honeymoon (3 days for me) I flew up to my new home in North Dakota. What an adventure that was. Our whole marriage has been so exciting, we've been able to live all over the country, and have traveled all over the world.

I love Tyler so much. He is all that I ever wanted in a husband, and more. We've grown together over the years and he has made me a better person. I am so grateful to have him in my life. We look forward to starting our family, and I know that I have picked the best father for our children. He truly is amazing.

Happy Anniversary Sweetie! I know we will have many more to come, and I look forward to each one. You're the best.

2 comments:

Jill said...

Happy anniversary. Gosh time has flown. I swear you guys just got married!! I think that picture of you two is one of my favorites though.

Harper Family said...

Very sweet!! You guys seem like such a good couple.