Tyler and I are the activity chair-people for our ward. What that means is that we're in charge of the ward Christmas party. Can I tell you how excited we are? Last year, our ward went all out and had a fun Night in Bethlehem. I've heard it was a great success, but a lot of work. Our ward council has let us know that they would like something a little more simple this year. We're thinking of having a traditional Christmas dinner, and maybe a little program or have someone read the Christmas story. Another idea would be to have breakfast with Santa, which would be a little less stressful, but I think would be a lot of fun. Especially if we could get people to dress up in Christmas PJ's. Anyway, I was wondering if you have any good ideas that would help us out. What have you done in the past? And, if you're like me don't you think a breakfast activity would be fun? I know Christmas morning has always been my favorite. Any suggestions will be gratefully received!

2 comments:
This is quite simple, but last year our ward had a dinner and then Santa and Mrs. Clause came and Mrs. Clause read a Christmas story to the kids. Another year after the dinner the primary acted out the nativity scene. Good luck!
I like the idea of a christmas breakfast with santa but maybe since Tyler is a marine you could also ask people to bring a toy or donation for Toys for Tots.
Post a Comment