Friday, September 21, 2007

We Are Marshall

Tyler had Mess Night (pretty much a fancy party for Marines that the wives can't go to) last night and was gone late. So, I watched a movie called We Are Marshall.

What an amazing movie, one of the best I've seen in a long time. It's based on a true story about a West Virginia college football team whose plane crashed on the way home from a game killing 75 members of the team and staff. After the crash the school debated about closing the football program, but decided to try and rebuild instead. Finally, they were able to find a coach who was willing to take on the huge responsibility of rebuilding an entire football program. He had the assistance of an assistant coach who one of the only survivors of the horrible crash.

It was a great story, I laughed and cried and recommend it to anyone!

No comments: