Many of you know that Tyler and I have been wanting to start our family for a very long time. About three weeks ago we were contacted by a wonderful birthmom with the news that she had chosed us to be the parents of her presious baby. The past three weeks have been a bit of a whirlwind, very exciting and finally today at 7:29 AM our little Joshua came into the world He weighed 6lbs 11 oz and was just under 19 inches. Josh stole our hearts right away and we're so looking forward to having him in our family. It was a long journey to get here, filled with lots of ups and downs, but in the end it was all worth it to have Josh in our lives.
22 comments:
I can't believe you only had 3 weeks to get ready! I bet it still seems totally surreal. I'm always so happy when I find out that one of my friends who has been waiting for children is finally blessed with a child. I've been blog-stalking you waiting for these photos. I know you guys will be great parents! I hope you're getting a little sleep.
Wow, that is so great!! We are so happy for you guys. He is so cute! You're gonna be great, and wow you look Amazing for having a newborn :) Can't wait to hear more about little Joshua.
You guys look so happy!! He is precious, what a great day!! Enjoy your little bundle ;-)
Congrats!!! I feel like you've been ready for a long time. I'm so happy for you guys. Johnny told me the good news this afternoon. Enjoy that sweet little one while he is so tiny. It seems to go so quickly. Again, congratulations!!!
That is awesome! I'm so excited for you guys and I absolutely love that last picture of the three of you. Such a precious moment.
He is SOOO cute and looks just like your baby! We already love him and can't wait to meet him in a couple of weeks. (This is Laurel and Jim)
Baby Joshua is so dang cute! We are excited to have him in the family! Can't wait to meet him. We're so happy for you!
Kathy, this is so exciting! I'm so happy for the three of you. What a wonderful gift. Love the pictures!
i especially love the last picture. we are so happy for you guys! what a crazy three weeks!!!
Oh Kath! He is just a doll!!! Words can't express how excited we are for you. I can't wait to see the little guy in person!! Please give little Joshua a hug for me. :)
Yay! Finally. :) It seems like you've had to wait forever. I'm so very glad he's here. Now for the whirlwind that is being a new parent! I'm so very excited for you!
What a beautiful baby! I think becoming a parent is one of the greatest experiences of life. Enjoy!
We are SO happy for you guys! Congratulations! The last picture literally brought tears to my eyes. Love it.
Congrats!! I am so excited for you!! What a cute little family you guys are. Best wishes to you as you adjust to having a little one. He is adorable!
That is so awesome!! I am so happy for you guys! You are going to be great parents. What a blessing... Have fun with your newborn. Congrats.
I am so happy for you two:) He is just a doll! Congratulations. You two will be amazing parents.
That is such exciting news. We've praying for you guys. It seems like it wasn't that long ago you told us you had just finished with all the grueling paperwork. I know it probably seems like forever for you guys though. Well we are so happy for you and that you now have a little one of your own. He couldn't be going to a better home. We love you guys and can't wait to meet him. He is a very handsome little devil. Congrats.
CONGRATS!!! He is SO CUTE! I can't wait to meet him.
I'm so happy for you. These pictures made me tear up. Joshua is such a little cutie. You are such a cute family.
I'm so excited for you! Adoption is the greatest thing ever! I thank God every day that Sami's (my daughter) birth mother was willing to give her to us. It's an awesome thing to see them grow up! Even though they are not biologically yours...it's AMAZING how much they become like you! Please keep the pictures coming...I can't get enough! Good luck and give Joshua a hug from me!
I'm SO happy for you guys! Parenthood is the wildest ride on Earth, and I'm so excited that you guys have embarked upon this journey. It makes me so sad when people who want to have children can't have them (I was there too, once upon a time), and I'm glad your day finally came! Joshua looks like a precious doll! Take lots of pictures! Although people have said it already, the time goes so fast. Pretty soon it will be time for his missionary farewell. So enjoy every minute! Congratulations!!!!!
Oh, and I forgot to mention that biology has very little to do with a parent's love. I really don't think that you could love little Joshua more if he was biologically yours. That birthmom gave you the best gift ever. I thank Heaven for those unselfish women!
Post a Comment