How many of you watched The Bachelor this season? I'm sure almost everyone I know has, for some reason, tuned in to watch this season of the Bachelor. From the beginning, I have never really been a fan of Jason's, I never really understood what all the fuss was about. I didn't like him on DeAnna's season and I was actually pretty surprised that he was chosen to be the Bachelor. One thing that always bothers me is how he continually refers to himself as "a single dad". To clarify, he is a divorced dad, not a single dad. His ex-wife still plays a role in the raising of their son, and so I think its a little misleading to constantly imply that he is doing it all on his own. Enough about that, lets get to the nitty gritty.
Honestly, I don't really care that he and Melissa broke up. How many of seasons of The Bachelor have actually produced a successful relationship? From what I've read he and Melissa had already discussed it, so I don't think that she was totally blindsided at the After the Rose (ATR). You can even tell as soon as she came out that something was up. I do think it was very lame how they even bothered with all that, couldn't they have just come out and said they had broken up? I think it was crazy that he lead her on for six weeks, when you know he didn't want to be in the relationship. I do feel badly for Melissa, but honestly, she can do a whole lot better than Jason (and so could Molly).
What really bothered me was that he actually asked Molly to get back together ten minutes after dumping Melissa. What creep does that? If he really cared about either girl he would have waited and talked to Molly later. I think Molly is insane for taking him back, who would want to date a guy like that? He has no class.
There have been many rumors that Jason and the producers had this whole thing planned from the beginning. If so, shame on them! That is just disgusting, there is enough natural drama on the show, they don't need to do such cruel things like that. I really don't know if its true, I don't really believe it. I think he did like Melissa and once the camera's were gone he realized that he didn't really know her and they didn't really have any chemistry. Stuff like that happens all the time. Where he made his big mistake was asking Molly out immediately after. I truly hope he was telling the truth about them not having contact during those six weeks, but who knows.
Anyway, those are just my two-cents on the issue. I am excited that Jillian will be the next Bachelorette, should be a great season!
4 comments:
Kath, your so funny!!
I didn't watch this season, but I saw the US magazine article on it. I get so annoyed with the whole thing. I just don't think that this is the way to meet the love of your life. I do think it is Jerky to ask someone out moments after you break up with someone. Reality TV at its best?!?
Jason goes down in my book as one of the creepiest, sleeziest, and most spineless bachelor's of all time. I'm with you that the breaking up wasn't that bad...although he could have done it off camera...but to then make out with girl # 2 a few minutes later was pretty low! No more Bachelor for me and you know I'm a loyal fan. sniff sniff.
I echo Jess's words...I was a huge fan but I can do without now.
Post a Comment