Thursday, March 12, 2009

Book Addiction

Books to the ceiling,
Books to the sky.
My pile of books
Are a mile high.
How I love them!
How I need them!
I'll have a long beard
By the time I read them.
~Arnold Lobel

I have come to realize that I have a serious addiction...to books! I absolutely love books, I can't get enough of them. Don't you just love the smell of a brand new book? I love going to the book store and walking through my favorite sections and chosing a new book to read. Tyler has finally convinced me that I can't buy every book that I want to read, we would quickly run out of space and money. So, about a year and a half ago I started going to the library. Although the books aren't always in the best condition, it has been wonderful. The downside is that I check out way more books than I have time to read. I currently have 20+ books checked out, with more on hold. I also have a very decent stack of books that I have bought, but haven't gotten around to reading yet. And if you check out my GoodReads account, you will see my to-read list is way out of control, I think I'm up to 450+ books now.

I just love when you come across an amazing story. I finished Dragon Slippers (Bookworm Nation) last night and was so grateful to have stumbled upon this author. All her books are just amazing, fun reads. I love when a book just captivates you and you stay up into the wee morning hours to finish. Its hard to come by books like that, but when you do find them it is well worth it.

2 comments:

Cassie said...

Can I pick your book knowledge? Since have have NO time to read anymore, but like to have something on hand just in case, what would you say was the best book you've read recently?

Kathy said...

Hmmm...that's a tough one. I just finished Dragon Slippers by Jessica Day George and loved it. Anything by her is awesome. Hunger games by Suzanne Collins was also fantastic (she has another series called the Underland that is really good).

I guess it depends on what type books you like. I've been into fairytale/fantasy books for a while now, so that is a lot of what I'm reading.