Friday, February 5, 2010

Mormon Battalion Visitors Center

Last Saturday Tyler and I went to the grand re-opening of the Mormon Battalion Visitors Center in Old Town. We were both blown away by how nice it was, they really went above and beyond. I wish I would have taken more pictures of the inside, they have a cool guided tour that you go on that is really well done. They really made it kid friendly for all the field trips they host. Below are a few pictures from the visitors center and the surrounding historic homes and of course Old Town. Every year the LDS Church puts on a fun festival to honor the battalion and their contributions to San Diego. It was a lot of fun!


The kids can pan for gold.

Or they can help build bricks.

Here's Tyler pulling a "Dwight Schrute" by checking out the handywork.
One of the historic homes.



Ty HAD to have a homemade biscuit!
He got tired of waiting so I had to finish up the cookin', it was SO good!

1 comment:

Jenny Hart Turk said...

You guys are always doing something fun it seems like! We are sure gonna miss seeing you on your visits to SLC when you move to Japan! I want to come visit.... and eat all the sushi I can! Good luck with everything!