Saturday, October 3, 2009

Welcome Home Mom and Pop

After a very long year my parents finally returned from their mission to North Carolina. They took about ten days to drive home and weren't really sure when exactly they would arrive so I hadn't planned on going out until later in the month. Tyler and I got to talking about how it would be fun to surprise them, so we bought an airline ticket and it turned out that I flew in the very night they ended up making it to Salt Lake. Nicole and I planned an impromptu surprise party at her house and when my parents rang the doorbell I answered! They were totally stunned to see me (and I was stunned I kept it a secret). It was so good to see them again, it had been way too long.
We met Nicole and the kids at Gardner Village. The kids love seeing all the witches and Halloween decorations. What a fun place!

We had a family dinner to welcome them home and got to talking about old times. Nicole used to kick butt at the Crab Walk game (and still does), here is a cute video of her and Trevor racing.

No comments: