Monday, March 24, 2008

Puppies, Puppies, Puppies

All my life I have always wanted a puppy, and since we've been married Tyler keeps promising me one. Finally, he has agreed to let me get one! I am so excited. This past weekend we went looking for one. I haven't quite decided what breed I want so we looked at a few different ones. Since we live in a townhouse without a yard we decided we should get a small kind. Below are a few that we found (I fell in love with all of them, however the little Yorkie is probably the cutest puppy I have ever seen!)

Yorkshire Terrier
($2100, a little out of our price range, although I think he is worth it!)

Jack Russell Terrier Malt-a-poo (Maltese/Poodle Mix)
Which is your favorite? I think we will end up getting a Maltapoo, they are more in our price range. We really liked the Jack Russell but he was a "rough coat" breed, so his hair would look crazy when he grows up and not as cute. Yes, looks matter. =)

6 comments:

Dave & Cassie said...

Puppies are so much fun! Jack Russels stay really really hyper (even once they are out of the puppy stage), Yorkies are just adorable(but also very expensive), and Malteses are very smart (poodles, not so much and they are very stubborn). Personally, I would try to find a Maltese that either isn't a mix, or is mixed with something other than a poodle. I'm jealous! I want another puppy, but I guess one dog and 2 kids will have to work for now. :)

youngfam said...

so so cute!! i am so excited for you, we have loved our dog. i agree with the small dog idea. we don't have a yard and it has worked out really well for us. best of luck!!!

Mr & Mrs Hilton said...

That yorkie is so cute! (Can't believe how expensive it is) Aaron and I got a dog after we had been married for about a week and a half. It is so fun to have a dog, you will love it! Also good luck with your new job!

Brittney N said...

Those puppies are the cutest! I really like the one you picked out though. Have fun with him! I hope I get to see him while he's still a puppy.

Anonymous said...

Our family got a yorkiepoo a month ago and he is a really good puppy. I totally recommend the yorkie all the way. They are quick trainers and he has slept through the night since day one.

Miranda said...

Pitbull...it's the only way to go!