This is a sequel to Step Up, which came out about a year or so ago. I really LOVED the first movie, the two actors had great chemistry and the dancing was great. Step Up 2 The Streets takes place in Baltimore again at the Maryland School of the Arts. The main girl, Andie, is from the streets. She joins the school when her gaurdian threatens to send her to Texas. Once there she meets Chase and a bunch of other students. They form a dance crew and want to compete in "the streets". It was a good movie, the dancing was great. I would recommend the movie to anyone, but still liked the first one more.Kathy Rating: ****
I have been looking forward to this movie for a long time. About a week before it was released I saw an interview with Samuel L Jackson in which he said that the movie was based on a book. So, I decided I would read the book first. Although the book is somewhat desturbing, it was enjoyable. I wasn't that surprised to find that the movie was completly different from the story in the book. I am glad for most of the changes that were made, but I found that the character David Rice was more likable in the book.I really enjoyed the movie though. Although I was dissapointed in how short it was and thought they could have spent more time on the story and character development.
Kathy Rating: ****
Fool's Gold. I was really excited for this movie. I loved Kate Hudson and Matthew McConaughey in "How To Lose A Guy In 10 Days", and really looked forward to seeing them together again. For the most part the show was cute, funny and overall I enjoyed it.
There were some things that could have been left out, such as the two girls flashing Matt before rescuing him (I'm sure all the guys out there that were dragged to the movie by their girlfriends loved that part), I thought it was tacky and a little surprised it got a PG-13 rating. I also thought the storyline with the two cooks could have been left out, it really didnt add anything to the movie.
Kathy Rating: ***

I actually didn't really want to see this movie. I'm not really a huge Katherine Heigl fan, but it was the only movie playing at the time. I was pleasantly surprised and actually really enjoyed the show. It was predictable, as all chick-flicks are, but also very cute. I thought Katherine Heigl was great and looked very pretty in throughout the movie.
For those who don't know, its a movie about a girl who is "always the bridesmaind and never the bride". She has been bridesmaid at 27 weddings. The man she is in love with (her boss) falls in love with her little sister. Of course they decide to get married and now she has to be bridesmaid again. It reminded me a little of Runaway Bride, but overall thought it was a good movie.
Kathy Rating: ***

2 comments:
Good movie reviews. I really liked "Step Up 2" as well as "27 dresses". Good shows. California looks so warm, I am so jealous! Looks like you had fun with your Mom. Have a nice weekend!
Is that 3 or 4 stars out of 100? What is your rating system? Please clarify...You realize you rated Step Up 2 higher than a movie where Matthew M. has his shirt off the entire movie? Just wondering...
Post a Comment